I'm in my solitude sitting outside in the cool night air and enjoying the quiet. No one running off their mouth. Which really got me to thinking that lately I have really had my fill of people here lately. Now I am not a people person but I still get the desire to mingle with people, except recently. Let me explain in more detail.
Case #1, and the most hurtful. My once best friend that had claimed to be Wiccan, went back to Christianity. Now, I don't have a problem with someone following what is true to them and going for it, but it has been her actions since then that I have a such a problem with. You wouldn't think that a supposedly former Wiccan wouldn't discriminate or treat a Wiccan badly, but that would be wrong to think apparently. She has said some incredibly rude and untrue things to me and others regarding my religion. She also lies more than ever now. She hasn't apologized for it either. Needless to say we really don't talk much at all anymore.
Case #2. My other friend and her husband are really into politics and it seems that is all they want to talk about anymore. I swear every election year they choose a particular candidate and they practically say that if the one they are voting doesn't get into office, it will be the end of the United States as we know it. WTF? Anyway, they have all been into the politics hard and heavy and I'm so sick of it. They don't even look at both sides of things.
Case #3. Recently one of my coworkers lied about me to my boss saying that I have been late, when I haven't been. She's been real jumpy around me too. Tonight I just walked over next to her to get something and I saw her jump out of the corner of my eye. I guess she is afraid that I'm gonna kick her ass or something. What she doesn't know is that I find her such a repulsive creature that I wouldn't dare touch her, much less kick her ass.
So basically, I'm just tired of all the lying, deceiving and half truths that are going on all around me. I go through life looking for truth, so naturally when someone lies to me or doesn't tell the whole truth, I get pissed off. Why do people lie anyway? I'm not talking about when someone does it to keep from needlessly hurting someones feelings. I'm talking about when people just make shit up, or look at part of the truth and ignore or completely deny the rest. I really believe in the phrase, "the truth shall set you free." It has set me free from so many things and people. It has been that one lite in the darkness that helped me find my way. It has always been there when I needed it and even when I didn't want it. But it was better for me knowing the truth. I consider it the one thing in this world that hasn't let me down. I've even let my own self down. So, I don't understand why so many people just discard it when it can do so much for them. So here's to the truth. May it always find you wherever you are.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment